In preparation for our upcoming Annapolis Royal House & Garden Tour (July 8, 2017), I have toured several of the feature properties – a sneak preview. All I can say is… Wow! I learned so much that I had never known about these properties (and since I am FROM Annapolis Royal, I had considered myself reasonably knowledgeable about the local houses… lesson learned.) And I also very much enjoyed the glimpse into the interests and hobbies of the current owners, very evident in what they have done with their properties.
Some high points to watch for when you come:
- a collection of needlework which graces the walls of one home, stitched by the owner. Gorgeous work!
- some very cool pieces of furniture – some antique, some custom built
- the various light fixtures and chandeliers were a highlight throughout
- very unique tilework around some of the old fireplaces
- garden statuary adds so much character
- every bit of decor had a purpose and a story for the owners
- check out the the woodwork – floors, railings, mantles
- gardens that demonstrate how to battle the urban deer issue, and win!
I will share some random photos with you, to give you just a glimpse of the offering for Saturday’s event. Then I invite you to make plans to head to Annapolis Royal this weekend. Stayed tuned for “Sneak Preview – Part 2” to be released in another day or so. For more information, visit the main House & Garden Tour Page.
So, here we go…
For more information, visit the main House & Garden Tour Page. To buy your tickets now, hit the “Buy Tickets Now” button on the right hand side of this page. Advance sale price is good through Thursday – full price after that.