July 9, 2017
Spend Sunday exploring the Gardens and community on your own, and be sure to take in the following special activities and exhibits.
Check back often, as the list of Sunday activities will be expanding as the date gets closer!
At the Historic Gardens:
- 9am-8pm – Canada 150 in the Gardens. We have some special exhibits and displays in honour of Canada’s special birthday.
- 11am – Narrative Guided Tour. This special guided tour of the Historic Gardens will provide valuable context around the Historic Gardens and the history of the community.
- 2pm-4pm – Music in the Gardens. Enjoy local music and fun under the shade of our giant weeping elm as you sip on a coffee or lemonade from the Elm Tree Cafe.
In the Community:
- Fort Anne National Historic Site: Check out the major makeover at Fort Anne, with incredible new displays and activites. Fort Anne is celebrating the centennial of their designation in 1917 as Canada’s first National Historic Site.
- Port Royal National Historic Site: Port Royal is also celebrating the centennial of Canada’s National Historic Sites, and is a highlight of any visit.
- ArtsPlace: Special Canada 150 Exhibit “Fundy Art”. A display of the art the sea has inspired over the years. Includes the driftwood stump brought into the Historic Gardens from the Bay Shore; the sea glass people have collected; the anchors at the Parker’s Cove cemetery; the buoys artfully hanging on a neighbour’s garage or the watercolour seascapes hanging above the mantel in many homes.
- O’Dell House Museum: Special Canada 150 Exhibit “Fundy Boats”. A glimpse at the boats ‘born’ in the Annapolis Region, the boats working here and boats dying here – through the photographs taken of the boats; through paintings of them; through the models of the boats; and through the experience of our communities with these boats.
- “Lookabout” – a collaborative exhibit by artist Jennifer Angus involves installations at the Historic Gardens, ARTsPLACE, Sissiboo Coffee Roaster, King’s Theatre and O’Dell House Museum. Be sure to pick up your special passport from any of these locations.